Saturday, October 31, 2009

Posion ivy?

help me get rid of it!! its bad around my face and on my ankle. help me
Answer:
Poison Ivy is horrible and there's no easy way to get rid of it. Mine lasted for like 6 weeks before it stopped bothering me.One thing I found that helped a little was a cream called Zanfel. However, it is VERY expensive and there is some controversy over whether or not it works like it says it does. It says it washes away the urishiol that causes the itching, but the itching persisted for me -- perhaps because I had a systemic reaction (I am allergic to a lot of things and have had skin problems even without poison ivy).For me, it really relieved the itching for short periods of time (maybe several hours). But it did NOT get rid of the rash. It kind of feels like sand in ointment and I think a large part of what makes things feel better is that you're actually scratching the rash with the ointment! Like I said, though it did help me get through some desperate hours at the very least, so if you can't stand it anymore, it might be worth it to you. Again, VERY expensive though...I'm including links to information about Zanfel and how you can get it (I got mine at a local drugstore), more info on Poison Ivy from Wikipedia, and a link to another ByeDr.com question about Zanfel.Good luck! I sincerely feel for you...
calamine lotion
go to the doctor and they will prescribe medicine for it
Wash all your clothes and everything you have contact with in very hot water -- not with any other clothes. Use good soap and add borax to it. Then calamine lotion and patience.
Buy calamine lotion. Don't scratch the poison ivy unless you have to and if you do then wash your hands throughly with soap and water. I have had poison ivy and it's not fun having it.
prescription meds work best they can give you an injection too

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net