Sunday, October 25, 2009

Please help, =[?

i dont know if this has anything to do with it or not but ill just say it all.I am a healthy 18 year old female. I had my tonsils out two weeks ago. I stopped taking the pain killers 6 days ago(they gave me oxycontin every 12 hours and vicadin every 4 hours). I am normally VERY healthy but I have a fever of 101 and i have had the runs(sorry to get personal but im just saying it all) and stomach cramps since friday. My mom called the dr on friday and they said that it has nothing to do with my surgery or medication. But everything I eat/drink is completely out of my body within a few hours. Im in so much pain and completely MISSERABLE! Im leaving wednesday for a trip and I really want to be better by then. What can I do to feel better? When should I go to the hospital if this does not stop? Im a nurse aide and medical assistant so I know that I need to drink a lot and stay hydrated(I already drink a lot of water since the tonsillectomy)but thanks 4any SERIOUS advice I am just so sick.
Answer:
If you're taking antibiotics, watch out for c.diff which is an infection that causes diarrhea and temperatures if you have been taking antibiotics (if this is the case, see your MD). If your temp has gone down and there is no obvious source of infection, just watch your temperature for now. For the diarrhea, it is unlikely due to the pain killers because they cause constipation if anything. Is there any way that you have the stomach flu or food poisoning. I think that you should not travel on Wed unless your symptoms have improved.
I think you better head to the hospital now.
go to the Dr or the Emergencey Room first thing tomorrow. Call in sick if you are supposed to work.
Sounds like a stomach virus or some kind of infection.
As an MA you know you have an infection of some type. You need to see the doctor and make them check you out. The diarrhea may be from the antibiotics or whatever is making you sick. They should see you after your surgery when your fever reaches 101. Good luck and feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net