Sunday, October 25, 2009

PLEASE HELP!! What is this??

Saturday, I noticed some type of "lesion" on the bottom of my big toe. The area looks maybe a little irritated - it is pinker than my normal skin and itches like crazy!!!!!! If you look at the bottom of your toe, you will see a line that seperates the "padding" of the toe and the rest of the toe. This lesion starts at that line and is almost rectangular below it. I was terrified it could be a plantar wart, but do they cause itchiness?? Are calluses or corns itchy? Any ideas of what it can be? I would LOVE to see a doctor right away, but I don't have any insurance right now. I did check it for "seeds" and I see nothing. I filed it a bit yesterday and today - today it looked more like 2 seperate bumps than a "rectangle". I put some Cortaid on it to relieve the itching, and it does seem to help a little. PLEASE HELP! I am not sure what could cause so much itching! I do have tinea versicolor on my feet, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe this is Athlete's Foot?
Answer:
I was going to say that it sounds like a fungal infection (ie, athlete's foot) then finding out you have tinea versicolor almost seals it for me as that is a fungal infection as well. Athlete's foot is most commonly found on the feet in between the toes and and bends of the toes and it is extremely itchy! What do you use to treat your tinea versicolor? That should probably take care of the problem or you can try over the counter antifungals. If that doesn't take care of it you should probably see a doctor or podiatrist.
yea it could be Athlete's Foot just make sure that you always keep it clean then it will get better
Sounds to me like you have a fungal infection. Wash your feet and dry them VERY well. Apply a product such as Tinactin to the affected area; read the instructions on the package. You may also want to apply some powder to the feet and inside your shoes (Gold Bond makes some pretty good stuff). You should start seeing an improvement in a few days. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net