Saturday, October 31, 2009

Poison Ivy / Oak?

What is a good medicine? Please keep it under $7.
Answer:
Soak in an oatmeal bath. I know it sounds gross but it works. You can find it in the pharmacy of any local store. I am extremely allergic to poison ivy and the only thing that helped was taking a bath in that. For me though the only thing that could cure it though was getting a cortizone shot, or taking related oral medicine. If you have insurance, this is the best way to go. All those other medicines dont do anything in my opinion.
Not sure if this is under 7 dollars but.Aveeno bath oatmeal is pretty good stuff. Also taking an antihistamine will dry up the ivy/oak to an extent...I know my relative had to go to the hospital because he had blotches of ivy/oak on him that were about 5 inches in diameter at least...They prescribe steroids for this usually.
Calamine lotion is a good skin cream for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net