Sunday, October 25, 2009

Please help!! Weird physical condition...it hurts.can't eat.?

It goes in cycles. The first time it happened it was very unannouced..I would get weird cramps but it would be in my upper stomach in the middle, I would feel dizzy and gross. I couldn't eat. In about 3 weeks I lost like 20lbs. everyone thought I had an eating disorder. It would stop me from literally being hungry and i would get sick to my stomach if I even attempted to eat. I also had a loss of energy, I was constantly sleeping and I was lethargic. I also had a day when I was freezing even though it was hot out and I felt like I was being stabbed all over my body. I couldn't get up and had to go to the hospital. I went to get a sonagram and they found nothing-said that I had a lot of gas from not eating but that was it. Now it's starting to happen agian. Does anyone know what it might be and does it sound serious? Help!
Answer:
You should consult a Gastroentorologist working in a university teaching hospital who will order blood tests, scans and X-Rays to confirm his diagnosis.It could be all sorts of things, including a rheumatic disease such as Crohn's disease or Inflammatory bowel syndrome to be treated with antibiotics and antiinflammatory medications.Are there any other cases of Crohn's disease, Inflammatory bowel syndrome, arthritis or rheumatic diseases among your relatives? Rheumatic diseases are usually prevalent in families where a defective gene is passed on by parents to their children.There are a few hundred types of arthritis and rheumatic diseases. The good news is that science is progressing rapidly in its understanding of rheumatic diseases.Antibiotics are now used to achieve full remissions for at least 40%, if not 65% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The same can be done for patients with gastrointestinal rheumatic disease. For more info, please join our group at:http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ant...
you need to go to the doctor!!
See your Dr., actually one that specializes in gastroenterology and if nothing is done, get a 2nd opinion. You need more than a sonogram to diagnose what is wrong. The gastroenterologist will run different tests related to your stomach, intestines, and colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net