Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pregnant and not curable?

ok any disease for a mother as far as warts, herpes and any other disease thats not curable, are supose to have c-section right? so if the mother does a vaginal what are the chances for the baby? will the baby have it?
Answer:
As a healthcare provider I can tell you that you are a little misinformed about this. These conditions are not an automatic condition for a c-section. Herpes that is not in "outbreak" during the time of labor and delivery is usually OK for a vaginal delivery. (And also the opinion of the attending midwife or doctor)Warts are variable depending on the size and location. HIV does not warrent a c-section either. So this question is actually a very individual thing.depends on the person.the specific disease.other diseases existing...so ask your healthcare provider.
These r questions you should ask a doctor, ob-gyn. I know this is a message board, but 1/2 of these people r not experts. there r a few who will give u informative web-sites 2 visit. good luck ..
ask yr dr
I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look. lol
I have HPV. Genetile warts. I thought I was going to have to have a C-section as well, my OB/GYN kind of laughed. He told me that the baby will not come in direct contact with the disease. I don't have warts anymore and I only had a few. But you always carry the virus. As far as Herpes I cannot honestly answer that.
I have HPV associated with genital warts and when I got pregnant I did take the c-section option. It lowers the babies risk of contracting the STD. I also do not alow my now 3 year old daughter to use certain towles in the house even if they have been washed I never let her drink after me and she is not allowed in my bed under the covers. Just as extra precautionairy measures. If you do have an STD your doctor should know about it so he can make an informed decision WITH YOU on the best options for you and your unborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net