Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Prednisone question?

It is a stereoid presribed with my antibiotics for my strep throat, it says (take 3 tablets by mouth for 4 days)...sorry i may just be really fatigued and cant think properly but does this mean take 3 in a row or take 1 every 8 hours or so?
Answer:
YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR PHYSICIAN and ask this question, they prescribed it to you. Don't be embarassed, it's better to be sure about these things.
take 3 tabs means 1 tab every 8 hours
3 a day--for four days
call your pharmaicst who filled your prescrition as they can tell you that.
You could take them all at once but if they upset your stomach you could split the dose up.
What is the mg prescribed? I am surprised that you were prescribed steroids for strep. Please call a pharmacy for dosing instructions, if you cannot call the doctor. Feel better soon!
When I had to take a synthetic form of prednisone that was in a 7 day pack and got to where I had to take 3 tablets I took it one 3 times a day.I would recommend double checking with your pharmacist to see what they say.
I've been on prednisone twice in the last 3 months for sinus infections. My doctor had a dosage chart for me to follow. I was also on what they call a "5 day dose pack" prescibed by my surgeon for inflammation in my shoulder. The dose pack had specifci times to take it. Usually, it's best to spread the doses out which helps keep it more level in your system. However, doctor knows best. I'd double check for reassurance.
Please call the pharmacy, I will tell you why. Prednisone and other coricosteroids are usually taken in divided doses. It is important because although Prednisone is a great drug and will rally help your throat taken wrongly it could have side effects like damage your kidneys. Also you do not state the dose in mgs. Prednisone if taken in sufficent dose has to be tailed off and nto stopped abruptly, again it would be detrimental to your system. So calle the pharmacy or the doctor and ask how he wants you to take them, and if you need to reduce the dose to withdraw from them. These are not stupid questions, it is stupid that this has not been made clear to you.
One every 8 hours not 3 in a row. i have been on predisone several times..
la .pretencion es UN noninflammatory potent Peri darning a largo plaza para Laos Rianon's.
most likely that is meant to be take 3 tabs at once each day . mostly in the morning . however if you have a question about the meds then call the pharmacy that gave them to you.
prednisone is one that can be complicated and involved different amounts each day as it is often started at one dose and then less and less each day .
i suggest you call the pharmacist
Take all three tablets once a day for three days.I would suggest that you take them first thing in the morning, prednisone tends to wind you up, give you loads of energy. If you take it before bed, you might not be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net