Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Potty training at daycare?

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter has been pottytraining at home with only like one accident a day all weekend. At daycare she had 3 accidents and came home with a wet diaper.. I think she is so occupied by the other kids and being outside to ask to go. What can i do i think my daycare provider will work with her but i dont want kiera to not go on the potty at daycare and then revert back to diapers at home to.. What can i do?
Answer:
My daughter did that, too... she would decide she had better things to do than stop to use the bathroom and would have an accident. (She also would decide she had better things to do than stop to eat and would throw fits hours later when she realized she was ravenous.)It would be great if you could have the day care provider have her stop to use the potty every couple hours, no matter what. I had to do that with my daughter many times. I can't tell you how many times she insisted she didn't have to go, and by the time I brought her to the bathroom, she realized she could barely hold it!
I would stress to the daycare that you are potty training at home and let them know what kind of practices you are doing. I'm sure they will be willing to help in every way...or atleast should. They need to be taking her to the bathroom frequently and not waiting on her to tell them.
If she is using the potty at home without accidents, the diapers need to go away. You can't get her to be a "big girl" while she's still wearing baby diapers. It might be she is too occupied and doesn't care to go to the potty. Why should she when she has a diaper on that will keep her dry. Put her in pullups or training panties and if she goes in them she will not like it. I bet she won't be too busy to go potty after that. I've potty trained 3 boys all before 2 1/2. Trust me on this. Praise the fact that she's a big girl and lose the diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net